Thursday, May 28, 2020

Captain Beefheart Playlist!

All y'all shut-ins are sick of your record collections - admit it! Well, earlier in the time of social isolation I came to your rescue with this beast (you're welcome!), and now I've got another for you: a Captain Beefheart playlist! That's the good news. The bad news: Troutmaskreplica is not on Spotify, so this is not a proper Beefheart playlist. It does include some Troutmask instrumental tracks from the Grow Fins box set - which are either rehearsals or instrumental tracks from the actual album, I can't remember and my box is downstairs, and stairs are not really my friends right now - so the album is not totally unrepresented. But hey, don't let that bother you! Plenty of goodness in these three hours. BTW, I did go to the trouble to sequence this & I think I did a good job, but shuffle is always your friend in these situations.

Enjoy! I'll try to hit you with one more playlist before I go back to work . . . we'll see.





BEST CAPTAIN BEEFHEART ALBUMS
(an unassailable list thing)

1. Troutmaskreplica
2. Lick My Decals Off, Baby
3. Safe As Milk
4. Ice Cream for Crow
5. Doc at the Radar Station
6. Bat Chain Puller
7. Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller)
8. Clear Spot
9. Strictly Personal*
10. Mirror Man
11. Spotlight Kid

*would have jumped at least three spots
if they had gone with the It Comes to You
In A Plain Brown Wrapper mixes

does not include compilations or the Tragic Band

No comments:

Post a Comment